A common question that we get asked is what makes a Custom Website better than using Squarespace, Shopify or Wix?
Squarespace, Shopify and Wix are considered website builders, allowing users to quickly put together a basic website or e-commerce store using templates. Depending on the service, they include different features and options for the users for a premium monthly price.
However, these services can be quite limited if you are looking for anything special or something unique. Our clients are hiring us because they want something unique that truly represents their product, service or business and stands out to potential customers. These website builders can be great for simple pages or websites but to stand out from the crowd, you need something unique and featured packed.
Additionally, these services come with a series of issues as well.
- They charge a premium monthly amount for your website vs the one-time fee for a custom website.
- Your content / design is built into their system. If you are ever dissatisfied with the service, you need to start from the beginning.
- The features are limited and bare-bones. E-commerce is the biggest drawback and generally these builders include very limited e-commerce features. Over the years, we have moved dozens of websites off these limited platforms due to the lack of features.
- The lack of customisation also presents a disadvantage when a website needs dramatic change, for example integrating an online store or other custom software.
- A templated website will never rank properly for Search Engines. Google likes a fresh look, content and design. Google ranks custom websites higher for keywords then template websites.
Why Hiring an Experienced Web Design Team is the Way to Go
At 368 Durham, we provide a unique solution for our clients. We built a completely custom website that you can easily update and maintain using an integrated Content Management System.
Many people will be happier hiring a website design team to create a custom website for them. While this presents a higher initial cost, long-term operating expenses are nothing and the product is yours to keep.
368 Durham can suggest necessary changes or upgrades to keep the site up-to-date with the latest technology and design without having to start from the beginning. Custom build websites allow you to create anything you can imagine rather than building your website around a limited templated design.
Since 2011, 368 Durham has been offering Website Design and Search Engine Optimization to Bowmanville, Oshawa, Newcastle, Whitby and Toronto. We are the leading Website Design and Website Development Company in Durham Region.
The decision is yours to make. You created your business to stand out from the crowd, why would you use a cookie-cutter service?