Does it feel like people are losing the patience needed to sit and read an article these days? How often will you find something you were searching for online and actually read all the way to the end?
I might be dating myself, but I recall a time when you reached for a phone book, a newspaper, or trekked out to the library to find information you needed. With the invention of Google, we all started abandoning anything in print and consulted the computer for what we needed. At first, people were content to read long articles and descriptions, stay on a website and read through all of the information. Now, 73% of people prefer to consume information before making a purchase through video*.
Consider these statistics based on a study of consumer behaviour from Animoto.com, conducted in 2014:
- A whopping 58% of people believe that companies that produce video to describe their products and services are more trustworthy.
- 71% believe that videos leave a lasting impression of a company
- 77% of people consider that companies that create online video are more engaged with customers
- 96% of consumers find videos helpful when making purchases online
- 94% of consumers say they have watched at least one online video in the last week. What does it mean for your small business? With an astounding 80% of users** searching for information using a smartphone, it just makes sense to provide them with what they are looking for, in the way they prefer that information presented to them.
How will you incorporate the use of video into your small business?
In case you missed that, Ryan shares his theory on video marketing:
Delivering information through video is in no way a new concept. The first paid television ad aired in 1941. The difference now is that video is much more accessible, not only to consumers, but also to businesses looking to produce, share, and promote videos.
Thanks to technology, with the proper planning, equipment and team, you can create a captivating and timeless marketing product for a very reasonable price.
Videos can incorporate pictures, text and audio to spark emotions and feelings, increasing the effectiveness of the advertisement.
Video Advertising can be used in many different ways whether it’s
- Business Branding
- Product Lines
- Or sometimes just fun and entertaining videos give your customers and followers something to keep them interested and coming back to your site.
There are so many reasons why we are using videos to consume information. Videos are:
- Easy to follow and understand
- Require little effort to watch
- Provide the truest representation of a business.
- As more users tend to search for information on mobile devices, incorporating video into your overall small business marketing strategy will be key to successful communications with your followers now, and into the future.
- Victoria Sautner
with Guest Blogger, Ryan Thomas
Contact Ryan Thomas: Ryan.Thomas0824@gmail.com
Contact Victoria Sautner for a consultation on your Website and Social Media Marketing.